RNA Processing Quiz
1. The spliceosome functions to:
REMOVE NON-CODING INTRONS FROM TRANSCRIBED RNAS
2. Which of the following is true about introns?
THEY ARE IN PRE-MRNA BUT NOT IN MRNA
3. Which of the following is true about exons?
THEY OCCUR IN BOTH MRNA AND PRE-MRNA
4. In what cellular compartment are introns removed from pre-mRNA to make mature mRNA?
5. What is the spliceosome composed of?
RNA AND PROTEINS
6. Which of the following is true of RNA splicing?
IT OCCURS IN THE NUCLEUS OF EUKARYOTES
7. The spliceosome includes both protein and a functional type of RNA known as:
SMALL NUCLEAR RNAS (snRNAS)
8. The 5’ splice site is first recognized by what?