Ray Bradbury: A New Ray in Writing…
1. Farewell Summer
2. Death is a Lonely Business
3. Dandelion Wine
4. Fahrenheit 451
5. The Martian Chronicles
6. The Pedestrian
7. The Illustrated Man
8. Dark Carnival
9. Small Assassin
10. A Sound of Thunder
1. “There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.”
2. “If you don’t like what you’re doing, then don’t do it.”
3. “You can’t try to do things; you simply must do them.”
1. Bradbury’s loving extended family provided the base for his stories
2. He started writing four hours a day from the age of 12 and has written everyday since then
3. Ray Bradbury first got paid for writing a joke in the Burns and Allen Show.
4. First published short story was Hollerbochen’s Dilemma, published in 1938.
5. Bradbury married Maggie McClure on September 27, 1947.
6. He had four daughters with her
7. Also in 1947, Bradbury published his first collection of short stories, The Dark Carnival.
8. Fahrenheit 451 was released in 1953
9. Ray and Maggie live in L.A. today
10. Bradbury continues to write everyday
Genres--> Science Fiction
Motifs--> Nature Imagery