1. Which of the following biological groups is dependent on photosynthesis for its survival?
VERTEBRATES, MAMMALIA, FISHES, AND PLANTS
2. Which of the following is the complete balanced equation for the generation of sugar from sunlight, water, and oxygen?
6 CO2 + 12 H20 à C6H1206 + 6 O2 + 6 H20
3. Which of the following occurs during the light-independent reactions of photosynthesis?
CO2 IS CONVERTED INTO SUGARS
4. The energy to hydrolyze water comes from
5. In noncyclic electron transport, electrons from ___ replenish chlorophyll molecules that have given up electrons
6. Which of the following statements about NADPH is false?
IT IS SYNTHESIZED BY THE CYCLIC ELECTRON TRANSPORT CHAIN
7. During photophosphorylation, the energy to produce ATP is provided by
THE REDOX REACTIONS OF THE ELECTRON TRANSPORT CHAIN
8. The enzyme ATP synthase couples the synthesis of ATP to
THE DIFFUSION OF PROTONS
9. In both photosynthesis and respiration, protons are pumped across a membrane during
10. The direct energy source for the synthesis of carbohydrates in the Calvin cycle is
NADPH AND ATP