The following list was comprised by an 8th grader
1. In genetic engineering/modification, genes are modified so the item may taste different, look different, or even smell different. This is most commonly done with crops.
2. Doctors and scientists use biomedicine to create other medicines to prevent illness and disease.
3. Biotechnology also can help prevent crops from using as many fertilizers and pesticides as possible.
4. Another example includes salmon with an increased growth rate.
5. Cloning is an example of biotechnology that has been done on goats. Cloning allows genetic replication of an animal.
6. In tissue engineering, biomedical engineers have been able to grow jawbones out of stem cells. Artificial limbs would also fall in this category.
7. My last example is that goats have been genetically modified to produce spider silk in their milk. Since spider silk is so strong, it can be used for bullet-proof vests and clothing.