1. The human genome is comprised of how many base pairs (bp)?
2. The strategy for obtaining a genomic sequence can be divided into four categories: 1) overlap contigs for complete sequence, 2) sequence each fragment, 3) cut many genome copies in to random fragments, and 4) overlap sequence reads. Wat is the ORDER of the four categories?
3, 2, 4, AND 1
3. The term COVERAGE, when applied to genomics, means:
SEQUENCING THE SAME BASE PAIR MULTIPLE TIMES
4. What approach would you use to sequence the genome of a newly discovered bacterial species?
WHOLE GENOME SHOTGUN APPROACH
5. The evolutionary history of a group of organisms is called a:
6. The TRANSCRIPTOME is defined as:
THE SEQUENCE AND EXPRESSION PATTERNS OF ALL TRANSCRIPTS
7. The PROTEOME?
THE SEQUENCE AND EXPRESSION OF ALL PROTEINS
8. The INTERACTOME is defined as:
THE COMPLETE SET OF ALL PHYSICAL INTERACTIONS (I.E., PROTEIN/DNA OR PROTEIN/PROTEIN)
9. Which of the following methods can be used to inactivate a gene without changing its DNA sequence?
10. Which of the following statements is/are TRUE about reverse genetics?
REVERSE GENETICS ANALYSIS STARTS WITH A KNOWN DNA SEQUENCE AND IT CAN BE PERFORMED BY TARGETED MUTAGENESIS OR BY PHENOCOPYING