1. Keep Positions Balanced- It is important that the issues you choose are somewhat neutral and not completely one-sided. Make sure that you keep an open mind when choosing your issues. If your positions are too extreme, there is a higher chance that you will not receive the popular vote. Also, keep in mind what party you are affiliated with; your positions, for the most part, should reflect your party’s views. This will help you later in the game.
2. Examine Polling Map- Studying the polling map is key for your campaign’s success. Although it is important to familiarize yourself with the states that are in your favor, it is equally important to take note of those who have the potential to swing over. Also, make sure to take note of the states that agree, disagree or feel indifferent about your positions so that you can strategize accordingly. This will be a great tool later in the game, as you will be able to campaign in different states each round.
3. Choose The Most Moderate Action- When you receive a chance card after landing on one of the spaces, there are three options for you to choose from. Depending on the space you landed on it allows you to either redeem yourself from a dire situation or to increase your good luck. For the most part, picking the most moderate action is the most effective as it shows promise yet doesn't come off too strong or too disinterested. The moderate option is also the most moderate expense wise.
4. Choose the Right Fundraiser- Fundraisers are a good way to earn more money for your campaign and to gain more support. Although it may be tempting to choose the fundraiser that has the highest expected return, it is important to read each choice carefully in order to make a sound decision. Choose the fundraiser that supports your positions, as some of the options support opposing views. Also, choose one that will appeal most to the people so the funds raised are higher than the expected returns. It is, however, important to consider the expected returns while choosing a fundraiser, as you will be spending a lot of money on it.
5. Keep an Eye On Your Bankroll- It is important to make sure that you have enough money for your campaign, however it is also important that you spend money to gain as much support from the people and the electoral college as possible. Therefore, you should make sure that you don't always choose the most expensive choices, as they are not necessarily the most effective. Also, setting your campaign spending it is best to keep it at around 50% for similar results.
6. Don't Over-Campaign- When choosing which states to campaign in, you should not continually choose those that already have your full support. Campaigning in these states will prove to be relatively unproductive, as it will only help you gain a small percentage of support. The states that are less supporting, however, have a higher percentage of people that could possibly vote for you. Don't forget to always check on different states to see if their support has wavered.