1. Where were you on the political map? (i.e. Libertarian, Liberal, Centrist, Conservative, or Statist - make sure to include your personal and economic issue scores.)
a. I scored as a Centrist on the political map. I was, however, slightly more conservative than liberal. My personal score was 50% and my economic score was 60%.
2. Do you believe that your Personal or Economic issues had a greater influence on your final result? Why?
a. I believe that my personal issues had a greater influence on my final result. This is because I feel that my personal beliefs should be taken care of if I would want to feel that the government is appropriate. In simpler words, I think that the government should take care of people’s personal issues because that is usually what would appeal to the people more.
3. After reading the description of the political group you most identified with, provide some feedback on your results? Do you agree or disagree and why?
a. Centrists are mostly neutral and sway their beliefs on personal or economical issues depending on the situation. I think this is perfect for me, as I agree with both liberal and conservative beliefs. I was also slightly libertarian, and I believe that the government should be a little smaller, but not completely. I agree with all the results since I agree a little more with conservative point of views, but I am usually well balanced.
4. Read through the other political philosophies at the bottom of the page. Pick the one that you disagree with the most and explain why.
a. I mostly disagree with statists because I feel that too much government control with weaken the individuals. I believe that all individuals should have equal economical and personal liberties. Without this freedom, I think the government ends up dehumanizing their people.
- Where do you think Mitt Romney and Barack Obama would each score? To support your answer, please choose an issue and describe the stance of Mitt Romney and Barack Obama in regards to it.
a. Mitt Romney would score as a conservative and Barack Obama would score as a liberal. This was evident during the presidential debates, when Mitt Romney was proposing reduction of taxes for the upper class, a more conservative idea. Barack Obama is also proving today that there should be healthcare for everyone provided by the government, a more liberal idea.